February 05, 2013
UNC-Wake Forest Postgame Notes
North Carolina 87, Wake Forest 62
- Tar Heels are now 16-6 overall, 6-3 in the ACC and 11-1 at the Smith Center.
- Carolina scored 87 points, most by UNC in an ACC game this year (previous 83 at NC State).
- This was the third time in the last four games that UNC has scored 80-plus points. UNC had not scored 80 or more in its first five ACC games this year.
- Carolina is now 155-65 against Wake Forest - 72-19 in Chapel Hill and 19-5 in the Smith Center.
- Tonight marked the first time that Reggie Bullock (23) and James Michael McAdoo (20) scored 20 or more points in the same game.
- Bullock scored 23, one off his season and career high. He made four three-pointers, the fifth time this season he made at least four threes in a game. He was 4 for 5 from beyond the arc tonight. He had made 7 of 27 threes in the previous four contests. It was his third 20-point game this year and the fourth of his career.
- Bullock made 7 of 10 shots from the floor after making 3 of 13 on Saturday vs. Virginia Tech.
- James Michael McAdoo has now scored 20-plus points in consecutive games for the first time in his career. He has three 20-point games this year and in his career.
- McAdoo had four steals and is now UNC's leader in steals for the year with 33. He has 66 in 60 games as a Tar Heel.
- Point guard Marcus Paige had a season-high six rebounds, all in the first half.
- The Tar Heels forced 21 turnovers, a season-high for Wake Forest.
- Carolina scored 26 points off the 21 Wake Forest turnovers, including 18 in the first half. The 26 points are the most by UNC in an ACC game this year and its highest for a game since the Tar Heels scored 28 off turnovers against East Tennessee State on Dec. 8, 2012.
- Carolina shot 62.1 percent from the floor in the first half, its highest percentage in a half since shooting 71.9 percent in the second half against UAB on Dec. 1, 2012.
- The Tar Heels shot 51.6 percent from the floor for the game, its highest in an ACC game this year (first time in league play over 50 percent this year) and its highest in a game since shooting 52.9 percent against UAB on Dec. 1, 2012.
- P.J. Hairston returned to action after missing one and a half games due to a concussion. Hairston scored 11 points and had two assists in 12 minutes.
- It was win #691 for head coach Roy Williams, who is now 691-175 overall, 273-74 at UNC, 111-42 in ACC regular-season play and 342-34 at home (140-17 at the Smith Center).