January 23, 2013
UNC-Georgia Tech Postgame Notes
North Carolina 79, Georgia Tech 63
- Carolina is now 13-5 overall and 3-2 in the ACC.
- The Tar Heels are now 27-6 against Georgia Tech in Chapel Hill and 22-4 in the Smith Center.
- Roy Williams is now 688-174 overall, 270-73 at Carolina, 108-41 in ACC play and 340-34 at home.
- Reggie Bullock led Carolina in scoring with 17 points, the fourth time this year he has led UNC. He has scored in double figures in 10 straight games.
- The Tar Heels blocked a season-high 10 shots, led by Desmond Hubert, who swatted a career-high five.
- Hubert also had six rebounds, the most in an ACC game in his career.
- Dexter Strickland had three more steals (seven in the last two games) to up his team lead in that category to 29.
- P.J. Hairston made three three-pointers and had 15 points, his second double-figure scoring effort in ACC play this year.
- Freshman J.P. Tokoto scored eight points and had four rebounds, two assists and a steal in 18 minutes. He had scored a combined seven points in Carolina's first four ACC games.
- The Tar Heels have led at the half in all five ACC games.