March 01, 2013
UNC-Clemson Postgame Notes
- Dexter Strickland's 16 points tied his season high (with the UNLV game) and were his most in an ACC game since scoring 17 at Clemson his freshman year.
- Strickland had four assists and one turnover. He has 17 assists and three turnovers in the last four games.
- Carolina won its 20th game of the 2012-13 season at Clemson, marking 20 wins for UNC for the 55th time in 103 years, the 40th time in the last 43 years and the ninth year in a row under head coach Roy Williams, who has won 20 for the 23rd time in 25 years (he had 19 in the other two years).
- Carolina is now 10-5 in the ACC this season, marking the 37th time in ACC history that UNC has hit double figures in league wins.
- UNC had nine turnovers, marking the third time in the last four games Carolina has committed under 10 miscues (and it had only 10 vs. NCSU in the other). The Tar Heels have 35 total turnovers in the last four games.
- Reggie Bullock had 12 points, nine rebounds and six assists. He has 29 rebounds in the last three games. The Clemson game was the second time this season Bullock has had six assists and no turnovers.
- Carolina had 13 points off 15 Clemson turnovers in the game. In the last five games, points off turnovers are 90 to 40 in favor of the Tar Heels.
- The Tar Heels are now 52-28 on the road in ACC games in 10 years under Roy Williams, an impressive 65 percent, second-best in ACC history.
- The win was the 695th of Roy Williams' head coaching career.