December 08, 2012
UNC-East Tennessee State Postgame Notes
North Carolina 78, East Tennessee State 55
- Tar Heels are now 7-2 overall, 4-0 at home.
- UNC allowed just 12 first-half points, the fewest allowed in a half since Roy Williams became Carolina head coach in 2003-04.
- The Tar Heels had 30 assists on 31 field goals. Dexter Strickland and Marcus Paige led the way with seven apiece and Luke Davis added five with no turnovers. The seven assists for Paige are a season high. Strickland has 16 assists in his last two games.
- Leslie McDonald led Carolina with 14 points. It was the third game this season and fifth time in his career that he led UNC in scoring. It marks the first time in his career that he led UNC in scoring in consecutive games.
- McDonald has made nine threes in the last two games and is 21 for 42 (50 percent) from beyond the arc this year.
- Strickland had seven assists and two turnovers tonight and has 40 assists and 13 miscues for the season.
- Strickland hit 2 of 4 three-point tries, marking the fourth time in his career he has hit two three-pointers.
- James Michael McAdoo finished with nine points and two rebounds. This was the first time this season he did not score in double figures. He was the last Tar Heel not to accomplish that this year. He did have no turnovers for the first time this year.
- Carolina led 42-12 at the half, the second time this year UNC led by as many as 30 at the break (32 vs. Mississippi State).
- ETSU shot 19.2 percent from the floor in the first half, the lowest by an opponent in a half since NC Central shot 18.8 percent in the second half on Nov. 11, 2009.