March 03, 2013
UNC-Florida State Postgame Notes
North Carolina 79, Florida State 58
- Carolina is now 21-8 overall, 11-5 in the ACC and 14-1 at the Smith Center.
- The win is #696 for head coach Roy Williams, who needs four wins to become the fourth active Division I coach with 700 wins (with Mike Krzyzewski, Jim Boeheim and Bob Huggins).
- Carolina has won five games in a row, its longest win streak of the season.
- The Tar Heels have now won 11 ACC games, the 29thtime UNC has won at least 11 ACC regular-season games.
- Carolina is now 44-12 against Florida State, including 18-4 in Chapel Hill and 15-4 in the Smith Center.
- The Tar Heels shot 55.4 percent from the floor, their best percentage in a game since shooting 62.3 percent against Chaminade on November 21st. Today's percentage was the second-best in any game this year by UNC and its best in ACC play.
- This was the sixth game this year the Tar Heels shot 50 percent or better from the floor - UNC is 6-0 in those games.
- Carolina shot 58.1 percent from the floor in the first half, its highest percentage in a half since shooting 62.1 percent in the opening 20 minutes against Wake Forest on Feb. 5th.
- Carolina shot 58.2 percent in the first half and 52.0 in the second. It was the first time in ACC play this season that UNC shot 50 percent in both halves. The only other time UNC did that this season was against Chaminade.
- Carolina shot 60 percent from three-point range, connecting on nine of 15 (6 of 11 in first half, 3 of 4 in second half). Sixty percent ties the season best for UNC (also made 9 of 15 against Wake Forest).
- James Michael McAdoo (21) and Reggie Bullock (20) scored 20 or more points in the same game for the second time this season and the first time since beating Wake Forest on February 5th.
- Bullock posted his third double-double of the season and fifth career with 20 points and 10 rebounds and added five assists.
- Bullock is averaging 8.1 rebounds over the last seven games and has 32 rebounds in the last three wins (10.7 per game).
- Bullock now has 899 career points.
- Bullock went 4 for 7 from three-point range today and is making threes at a percentage of .444 for the season, which is the eighth-highest mark in UNC single-season history.
- James Michael McAdoo had 21 points on 10 of 15 shooting from the floor. It was his best shooting effort from the floor since he made 8 of 12 (also 66.7 percent) against Virginia Tech on Feb. 2nd.
- McAdoo's 10 field goals ties the number he made against Gardner-Webb in the first game of the season and which is the most by a Tar Heel in a game this year.
- Freshman point guard Marcus Paige tied his season high with nine assists, a mark he set against McNeese State on December 22nd.
- Senior guard Dexter Strickland had four assists and no turnovers and has 25 assists and three turnovers in the last five games, all UNC wins.
- Carolina scored 23 points off 15 Florida State turnovers and held a 23-12 edge in points off turnovers.
- Carolina has a 113-52 edge in points off turnovers in the last six games.
- The Tar Heels also held an edge in second chance points (14-7) despite the Seminoles having five more offensive rebounds (12 to seven).
- P.J. Hairston scored 16 points and made four three-pointers. Hairston has made a three-pointer in 26 straight games, the longest streak in the ACC. It was the sixth time this year he made at least four three-pointers.
- Freshman J.P. Tokoto bruised his right wrist in practice on Saturday and did not dress for today's game.