ACC Names Rotating Crossover Opponents
ACC Announces Schedule of Football Rotating Crossover Opponents
GREENSBORO, N.C.--The Atlantic Coast Conference Tuesday released an equitable 12-year schedule for the rotating crossover conference opponents for its schools in football which begins this fall.
The rotating crossover opponent is the one ACC team that changes every year on each ACC teams' football schedules. With the addition of Pitt and Syracuse to the ACC this fall, each ACC team will play all six divisional opponents annually, one primary crossover team from the opposite division which does not change, and one rotating team from the opposite division which does change.
The league previously announced a future home and away schedule for divisional opponents and for each school's primary crossover team as well as each school's rotating crossover for 2013. Today's announcement completes the conference schedule for ACC teams from 2014 through the 2024 season.
The criteria used to develop the schedule includes the following:
1. Each ACC school will play eight conference games annually, four at home and four on the road.
2. Each ACC school will play three home divisional games and three on the road.
3. Each ACC school will play one home cross divisional game and one road cross divisional game. When schools will play their permanent crossover opponent at home, they will play their rotating crossover opponent on the road and vice versa.
4. Within each division, all teams will either play all of their primary crossover games at home or away in a given year with all of the rotating crossover opponents all played at home or away.
5. Each ACC school will play all of their rotating crossover opponents twice during the 12-year rotation, once at home and once on the road, but not consecutively.
North Carolina's Rotating Crossover Opponents
2013 - Boston College (previously announced)
2014 - at Clemson
2015 - Wake Forest
2016 - at Florida State
2017 - Louisville
2018 - at Syracuse
2019 - Clemson
2020 - at Boston College
2021 - Florida State
2022 - at Wake Forest
2023 - Syracuse
2024 - at Louisville