UNC-UCLA Postgame Notes
• The Tar Heels are now 17-21 all-time in the CWS and 15-13 since 2006.
• With its one run Friday, Carolina established a new school record for runs in a season with 542. The previous record was 541 in 2002.
• 1B Cody Stubbs went 3 for 3 with a run scored on the night and became the eighth player in Carolina history to record at least 100 hits in a season. His senior year total of 101 hits is the 10th-most for a Tar Heel and the most since Dustin Ackley (111) and Kyle Seager (103) in 2009.
• DH Landon Lassiter went 3 for 5 against UCLA and finished his freshman season with 92 hits in 257 ABs (.358). His 92 hits are the fourth-most by a Tar Heel freshman, trailing only Ackley (119 in 2007), Brian Roberts (102 in 1997) and Adam Greenberg (98 in 2000).
• Lassiter reached base safely in 62 of his 69 appearances this season and finished the year with an on-base percentage of .491. He recorded multiple hits in seven of 11 postseason games and hit .400 (20 for 50) in the NCAA tournament. For the season, Lassiter had 29 multi-hit games.